Partner / Honolulu
Jennifer A. Lim
Jennifer Lim is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Transactional practice group. She concentrates her practice on real property and environmental law with an emphasis in the areas of land use planning and real property development.?
Ms. Lim's practice focuses on representing developers and major land owners in all phases of project development, including representation before a variety of State and County agencies, boards, and commissions. Her work includes land use entitlements, environmental review, permitting, zoning, and administrative proceedings and litigation related to these areas. She also assists clients with the development of subdivisions and the registration of subdivisions at the federal, state, and local levels. She represents individuals and development entities in the purchase and sale of real property, and performs due diligence on complex real estate purchases, including preclosing review of title issues, zoning and permit compliance, and proposed use reviews.
Ms. Lim was listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business?for the year 2020 in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. She was also listed in 2011 through 2013, and 2017 through 2019. Jennifer was recently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 for Land Use & Zoning Law and has been listed in the publication since 2014.
- Listed in?Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for the year 2020 in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. She was also listed in 2011 through 2013, and 2017 through 2019
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 for Land Use & Zoning Law; listed since 2014
- Hawai'i Women's Legal Foundation Nancy J. Stivers Award (2003)
- Gregory Conlan Memorial Prize (2005)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Corporate Finance; Topics in Environmental Law - Eminent Domain and Takings; Trusts & Estates; and Debtor's and Creditor's Rights
- Waikiki Community Center, Board Member, 2018
- Real Property Financial Services?Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association, 2015 Chair
- Real Property Financial Services Section of the ?Hawaii State Bar Association, Board Member 2009-2014
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lambda Alpha International (honorary society for?the advancement of land economics)
- Urban Land Institute - Hawaii
- BIA - Hawaii
- Take a Comprehensive Look at Land Use Law, October 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Development in the Special Management Area, October 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Easements in Hawaii, program chair, September 2018,?Honolulu, Hawaii
- Mandatory Public Access Easements, September 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii
- The Public Trust Doctrine, 2017 Hawaii Land Use Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Take a Comprehensive Look at Land Use Law, February 2016, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Hawaii State Bar Convention, program chair, Real Property and Financial Services Section, Insurance for Real Estate Lawyers, Condo and Flood Insurance, Environmental Due Diligence, October 2015, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Endangered Species Act Conference, Honolulu, April 2015, Honolulu, Hawaii
- State Land Use Districts/Boundary Amendments, Hawaii Land Use Law Conference, January 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii?
- Kelo et al. v. City of New London et al., November 2006, Honolulu, Hawaii